Welcome to SaruWiki.
This Wiki is intended to document bits and bobs about Linux (and some Unix) in general, and Debian in particular. In it, we wish to collect the tips and tricks of both our own team of Linux admins and those of other interested users.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using this wiki's software.
- Setting up a Debian Etch base server is a howto on the installation of a very basic Linux box under Etch (it's actually not even a server yet).
- The use of APT and aptitude is crucial to the concept of a Debian machine.
- Roll your own kernel discusses the pros and cons of compiling your own kernel, and how to do it.
- Essential system software lists all (sets of) packages that we deem, well, essential.
- The Firewall section is where we discuss "IPtables" (netfilter) and how we use it for firewalling.
- The native IPsec tunnel section describes how to configure an IPsec tunnel.
- Using md for software RAID contains our ideas and observations on redundancy.
- Hardware monitoring is important for your server's health and reliability.
- Database 101 introduces you to MySQL.
- VMware Server basics gives some pointers on how to install VMware Server on a Debian server box.
- Make your server a Microsoft client compatible VPN Server .
Note: the Wiki admins reserve the right to edit or remove any content they feel is not suitable for this site, not relevant, (too) inaccurate or otherwise not in line with the intentions and spirit of the admin team.
<iframe src="http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/Show?tk=z01q6amlqld8jocej2ca891jl9dunqqra83nhehaoqpednb5skkur0fv70jsuavce4ii9ms5e9afdr8qmpsc1d9upni4jom8g1em3p1cvq1p5eo1ugv162fosgprdv867iuememlcogfle8n3dmcf97durjld85avnh8k5lm1&w=200&h=60" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="60" width="200"></iframe>